We’re both a year away from the big 3-0 birthday and have a few friends – husbands included – that are hitting the milestone this summer. We’ve been busy planning their bashes and daydreaming about ours so figured it would make a great post.
Here are 30 creative ideas to celebrate a milestone birthday! We’ve also put in a few recommendations for local spots if you live in Los Angeles area 🙂
- Tackle a difficult hiking trail
- Rent out a roller skating rink and throw a party for a big group of friends – keep things affordable by ordering pizza for dinner or just doing a birthday cake
- Run your age in miles
- Do a Century Road Ride (cycling ride of 100 miles within 12 hours)
- Rent out your favorite fitness studio (we love hot yoga!) and host a private class for your friends
- Go Bungee Jumping
- Go Parasailing (we recommend going to Catalina off the coast of Los Angeles)
- Organize a group to go white-water rafting
- Rent out a laser tag spot, we love Ultrazone in Sherman Oaks.
- Take a trip in a hot air balloon
- Take an international trip to a new destination
- Take a group of friends on a weekend cruise
- Book a long weekend to go camping and spend the weekend outdoors
- Travel to all 50 states, spend your 30th birthday in the last one!
- Charter a jet or book a seat on a private plane with JetSuite
Food and Drink
- Rent a private space at a bar and curate a cocktail class, one of our favorite LA spots: The Association in DTLA
- Book a private cooking class for a group of friends, one of our favorite LA spots: EATZ in Mid-city
- Take a day-trip to wine country or do a brewery crawl
- Book a private dinner at a restaurant and have wine pairings, we love Madera in Hollywood
- Take a group on a food tour or to a food festival, we love Six Taste in LA
- Set up a backyard movie night and have a popcorn machine
- Invite a glam squad to your house to do manicures and beauty tutorials.
- Spend the entire day at the Korean Spa, we love Wi Spa in Koreatown, Los Angeles
- Book a mansion on Airbnb and spend the weekend there with a few great friends
- Visit a pet rescue and play with puppies all day
Ideas for Hosting Your Own Bash
- Set up a photo booth at your house with a Polaroid camera and lots of great props and balloons
- Create a cake in the shape of your milestone number
- Hire a chef to make dinner at your house
- Host your own Beer Olympics
- Host your own wine and chocolate tasting party
What’s been your favorite birthday celebration for yourself or someone else? Ever put together a big surprise or epic trip to celebrate someone you love?? Let us know in the comments!