Planning a trip right after the most expensive party you’ll likely ever throw for your friends is kinda crazy, right? That being said, what better way to celebrate love than to travel somewhere with the person you’ve just decided to spend your life with? We are big fans of honeymooning and love that you can go big and fly around the world or do a stay-cation and book something close to home.
Stella choose Mexico for honeymoon 1.0 because it was easy to plan and affordable (thanks Groupon!). For honeymoon 2.0 (and also 2 years later) she and her husband are traveling to Africa. By planning a belated honeymoon they were able to save up money and miles plus have time to plan without all of the wedding things swarming around in their heads.
Laura did a pre-wedding trip to Spain and next week will be traveling to Moab, UT to celebrate. She’s a huge fan of domestic travel – she visited all 50 states by age 25!
We’re breaking down a few of our favorite honeymoon spots in the post below!
Our Top 4 Spots to Honeymoon
This won’t be the most budget-friendly trip but as always, there are ways to save! Africa is full of incredibly unique places to visit. A few of our favorite spots to dream about:
- Victoria Falls (one of the 7 natural wonders of the world!)
- Seychelles (Prince William and Kate Middleton’s honeymoon destination)
- Kenya: Masai Mara National Park and/or South Africa: Kruger National Park (top destinations for seeing the “Big Five”)
- Cape Winelands, South Africa (perfect for wine lovers!)
Lately, flights to Europe have been incredibly affordable! We’ve traveled to each of these destinations on ~$400 tickets! In many cases, that can be even more affordable than domestic travel.
Our recent travel deal European locations:
- Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastián, Granada, Seville)
- Italy (be sure to do a cooking class in Tuscany!)
- Paris, France (the city of love)
As Southern California residents, this one feels a little bit like exploring our backyard, but with lovely foreign twists that keep us going back time and again! We’re big fans of grouping a few destinations into one trip, and love the idea of doing a couple of weeks (or more!) in Mexico to really learn the lay of the land. These are our favorite areas to explore so far:
- Mexico City
- Sayulita and Lo de Marcos
- Valle de Guadalupe (wine country in Mexico!)
4. The United States & Canada
There are incredible places to visit right here close to home! These are a few of our favorite destinations for Honeymoons.
- Moab, Utah (home of the beautiful Arches National Park)
- Savannah, Georgia
- Aspen, Colorado
- New Orleans, Louisana (rich with culture and delicious food!)
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming (home of Yellowstone National Park)
- Alaska (perfect for staying up late in the summer as the sun doesn’t set until 11 or 12!)
- California (where you can ski, hike, wine taste, laze on the beach, or take a boating excursion all within the same ~50 mile radius!)
- New England (sign us up for endless Lobster rolls and beaches, please)
The most important thing, of course, is to go somewhere you are excited to go together. And be sure to choose a time that works for your busy wedding schedule.
Where have you traveled lately? Any top spots that would be great for honeymooning? Let us know in the comments!