My husband and I both practice hot yoga.
We both have our one trusty mat, our one trusty water bottle and, between the two of us, about 20 trusty yoga towels.
A yoga towel can make or break a practice so, this week, I’m doing a round up of my favorite hot yoga towels.
In my opinion, the best towel on the market is the Susama towel.
- This towel has the perfect fabric weight, just thick enough to keep the sweat off your mat but not so thick that it takes forever to dry.
- It’s a great price point, usually ranging from $18 – $25 on Amazon Prime.
- It rolls up tight and doesn’t take up too much space in my yoga bag.
- Excellent grip while still feeling soft to the touch. My hands stay perfectly in place on the mat.
If that’s a little too expensive, you can get great deals shopping in the exercise section at stores like Marshalls and TJMaxx. That’s how I found this great budget option towel, the Gaiam Dual-Grip Yoga Mat Towel.
- This Gaiam towel is a close second to the Susama for me and you can usuallyget itfor a bit cheaper online ($15 – $20) especially if you don’t care about the color. I’ve found this towel on sale at Marshalls for even less than that.
- This towel also has excellent thickness and grip. The Susama towel is slightly nicer to the touch and rolls up a bit tighter/easier.
If you are willing to spend a little more, splurge and go for the Yogitoes Skidless Yoga Towel
- The Yogitoes towels really don’t let you slip. They have tiny rubber grips on the bottom that help keep it in place on your mat. This can be a bit hard on your hands at first but after a few washes, you’ll fall in love.
- They come in beautiful patterns and colors.
- It usually retails for $65 – 75. Pro tip: to get this towel for a deal, watch out for sales at YogaOutlet, sometimes you can get them for $40!
No matter what yoga towel you buy, be sure it’s the right size! I’ve been tricked a few times by a towel with a great price only to buy the towel and realize that it is a hand towel instead of yoga mat size.
Do you have a favorite yoga towel? Let us know in the comments!