Today marks the day that, 10 years ago, we met each other for the very first time! Which means… we are celebrating our 10 year friendaversary! So we thought we’d do a little bit of a reflective post looking back on some of our favorite moments and highlights from the last ten years.
Ten years ago today we were freshman at Emerson College in Boston, MA. Stella had just switched her major from broadcast journalism to marketing and already building a side hustle career with 2 jobs. Laura was living in a hotel (thanks, over-acceptance) and also over-committed with a few jobs and lots of extracurriculars on her plate. We both found ourselves as members of Emerson’s Fashion Society and, though we have not quite kept up our passion for style, that’s where our true beginnings lie.
Since then we’ve:
- Traveled to 9 states and 3 countries together
- Lived in 14 apartments
- Had 15 jobs and 12 side hustles
- Made at least 4 monster lists of things we wanted to do (and succeeded at doing all of the things from some of them)
- Tried on 49 wedding dresses between the two of us
- Celebrated 2 golden birthdays
- Camped out at exactly 1 Dunkin’ Donuts grand opening
- Jumped into the waters of the Atlantic in Maine on New Year’s Eve Day… once.
We’re celebrating this milestone in lovely, vacation-worthy… Montreal, Canada! It’s a bit of a long story as to why, but we’re for sure making more memories that will entertain us for the next 10 years!